Tuesday, September 15, 2015

16 Times Badly Explained Movie Plots Made Complete Sense

SHARE

Every so often, a Twitter hashtag brings people of all stripes to unite for a common cause to help humanity.

I for one really appreciated #ExplainAFilmPlotBadly. You see, I usually fall asleep partway through movies so I typically miss the point of them.

So when people started summing up movies for me I was ever so grateful. If you ask me, they're not "bad explanations at all — people are being way too modest.

They're helpful... and hilarious.

1. Not sure why it needed an R-rating, in that case

2. When the American dream gets cut short, no one wins.

3. Disney used to take risks!

4. A lot of superhero stories are really a bout teen angst and changing bodies!

This is how someone explained Batman v Superman to me...

5. I knew those fake smiles hid a complex reality.

6. You'd think their differences at birth would have brought them together.

7. The selfish protagonist is what people want these days. 

8. Good Lord! That's what the DeLorean was for?

Now, Star Wars has been in the news a lot, but when you explain the original plot like this...

9. People said the film was way ahead of its time — I understand why now.

10. Sounds like the basis of an epic space opera to me.

11. Love transcends horrible deformities.

12. The dead eyes in the white robot scares the hell out of me.

13 goes to show that The Little Mermaidis really just like Pretty Woman– now I can't unsee it!

13. I knew there was a reason that boys across America had a crush on her.

14. I hate how movies are all the same... there's no originality!

15. We can do better than this, America! How do people get so worked up about Twilight when these are your choices?

16. This movie is shaping up to be the political thriller everyone has been waiting for!

Wait a sec..

I'm starting to think some of these were fake.







Main and collage images via 1. Twitter / @tonylui99 2. Twitter / @Yoocantsaythat 3. Twitter / @Maggieserota 

SHARE

Author: verified_user

0 comments: