Tuesday, September 15, 2015

24 Startup Employees Show Us What They ACTUALLY Wear To Work

SHARE
When you're starting a new job, figuring out what to wear in the office can be pretty difficult. Years ago, business casual seemed to be the norm for most office jobs. However, tech companies with rad corporate cultures are on the rise, and they're changing the norms for office attire. 

When I first started at Diply I had just finished up a post-grad program that required me to wear business casual clothing every day. Because I was so used to dressing business casual all the time, I really had no idea what to wear on my first day at Diply. I had become accustomed to marketing firms and tech companies that required their employees to dress in business casual, which made Diply's laid-back atmosphere a bit of a culture shock. I tried to scope the office out before I started to get a feel for what other people were wearing, but there were so many different styles! Some people wore casual clothing, some wore business casual, and the CEO greeted me in a suit. I spent my first week trying out different styles, but ultimately decided to just be me! I'm always dressed up in the office, and it's a rare occasion to see me wearing jeans. The great thing about Diply is that no matter what I'm wearing, it's okay!

We wanted to show off our diverse fashion in the office, so we put together a street style photoshoot. Here at Diply, you really can wear anything — even your comfy office slippers!  

Tracy Van Loon - Creative Digital Artist

 Accessories: Steve Madden aviator sunglasses, Daniel Wellington Watch, gold chain necklace

Jacket: Target

Shirt and pants: Dynamite and Jessica Simpson

Shoes: Expression boots from Hudson's Bay

How would you describe your style? "I'm all about comfort and neutral colors; I don't fuss much with patterns and color. A nice, stretchy jean paired with a casual, flowy shirt are my go-tos."

Shyle Braithwaite - Bilingual Key Account Manager

Accessories: Ray Ban sunglasses, Casio calculator watch, Gold wedding band from Peoples, Copper nose ring from Legacy tattoo, No. 1 snapback from American Apparel

Jacket: Zara

Shirt and pants: Zara and H&M

Shoes: Call It Spring

How would you describe your style? "Urban Hipster."

Jess de Lange - Brand Partnership Manager 

Accessories: Kate Spade necklace & purse

Jacket: Found at a little boutique shop in Florida

Dress: Jessica Simpson Maternity

Shoes: Joe Fresh

How would you describe your style? "I love bright colors and bold patterns, mixing textures, and, of course, statement necklaces. My style decisions recently are easy — if it fits over the bump and it's comfy, I wear it."

Andrew Weiss - Entertainment Editor

Accessories: Polo Ralph Lauren glasses, H&M pocket square + socks, Quartz watch, BodyArtForms lip ring + silicone plugs.

Jacket: Express

Shirt and pants: American Apparel and H&M

Shoes: Clarks

How would you describe your style? "I always dress up and look dapper – but with a dark twist and a sharp edge. Wearing a lot of black, I make the most of its intensity by accenting with selective but dramatic color pops. And I never believed anyone who told me I couldn’t get a good job with a facial piercing." 

Rana Dakakni - DIY Writer 

Accessories: Both the necklace and bracelet were purchased online

Jacket: Fairweather

Shirt and pants:Urban Outfitters and Garage

Shoes: Spring

How would you describe your style? "Fashionable, cool, and fun! I love to dress up and down and stay stylish and edgy while doing so." 

Jonathan R.H. Owens – Entertainment Content Manager

Accessories: Theo eyewear glasses, Penguin pocket square, Bowtie Tuesday bowtie, vintage Batman watch, HS socks, Perry Ellis belt

Jacket: H&M

Shirt and pants: Hudson Room and Tommy Hilfiger

Shoes:Vans

How would you describe your style? "Ignore rules. Unless wearing a tuxedo. Then just ask yourself—what would Cary Grant do?"

Tara Klisht – Senior Executive Coordinator

Accessories: Nine West satchel, Kate Spade necklace, Aldo earrings

Blazer: Calvin Klein

Shirt and pants: Joe Fresh and Guess

Shoes: Aldo 

How would you describe your style? "Ladylike, feminine and versatile — I like to switch up my look. I’m attracted to curved lines, sparkle and shine, lace, floral prints, and a great pair of heels."

Camil Dumont - Video Production Coordinator

Jacket: Tonsdale Sukajan (from Japan)

Shirt and pants:Uniqlo and Calvin Klein

Shoes: Adidas Gazelle

How would you describe your style? "I like Japanese stuff a lot. My goal is to dress like people living in Tokyo while staying classy."

Moira-Christelle Ghazal - Humor Content Manager

Accessories: F***it Bracelet , gold jewelry from Saudi Arabia given to me by my father, Aldo necklace, Cartier ring, and the first ring my father gave my mother (right hand).

Shirt and shorts: Forever 21 and Garage

Shoes: Keds

How would you describe your style? "Eccentric, casual, and unique. I mix silver and gold like it's not a fashion faux pas, but I make it work because like most things in my life, I don't give a shit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

Dean Elkholy - Chief Social Officer

Dean does not reveal his style secrets to the general public, but he always wears some variation of the outfit pictured below.

How would you describe your style? "Kanye."

Jaime Rodrigo - Business Intelligence Analyst

Accessories: Ray Ban Clubmaster, Timex Chronograph Watch

Shirt and pants: RW& CO and Gap

Shoes:Wolverine 1000 Miles

How would you describe your style? "Smart business casual; Oxford shirts with a nice pair of slim jeans or pants."

Celine Armstrong - Inspirational Writer

Accessories: Sea Jewels earrings, rings from Ben Moss, Sea Jewels, Claire’s, and Moonstone Path

Sweater: Suzy Shier

Shirt and pants: Dynamite and Jean Machine

Shoes: Payless

How would you describe your style? "I like to be comfortable but still be a little dressy. All I need are the right accessories or sweater and I can go from sass to class or vice versa."

Dennis Vasek - Senior Software Developer

Accessories:Samsung Gear 2, Surface Pro 4 I7 256Gb, Samsung Galaxy Note 5, ÖGA prescription computer glasses

Shirt and pants: Never ironed but usually clean

Shoes: Office slippers

Note: Although Dennis' tech gear isn't visible in the photo, these items are basically a part of him. 

How would you describe your style? "Whatever's there."

Kevin Mckay - Video Team Lead

Accessories:American Eagle Plaid Scarf

Jacket: Le Chateau 2015 Winter Collection

Shirt and pants: RW Co. and American Eagle

Shoes: Aldo Fall/Spring Boots 2015

How would you describe your style? "I could easily be put in a Sears catalog".

Vanessa Verworn – Sales Partnership Coordinator

Accessories: Michael Kors watch, Kate Spade and Tiffany bracelets, Forever 21 necklace

Jacket: Le Chateau

Shirt and pants: Banana Republic and Ralph Lauren

Shoes: Payless

How would you describe your style? "Classic meets business casual meets equestrian."

Jesse Carter - Senior Software Developer

Diply was unable to obtain information about Jesse's outfit due to all the blood rushing to his head during this break-dance.

Ryan Ford - Science Writer

Glasses: Ray-Ban

Zip-up Hoodie: Threadless

Shirt and pants: "Bookworm Blend" Powell's Books and Buffalo

Shoes: Nike Free 5.0

How would you describe your style? "Casual nerd, fun and comfortable."

Nicki Borland - Inspirational Team Lead

Accessories:Thrifted sunglasses, bracelets from my travels, Grandfather's watch from WWII

Jacket: The 90s

T-Shirt: A gift from the BF

Skirt: H&M

Shoes: Forever 21 

How would you describe your style? "A denim jacket, graphic tee of some sort, black skirt, black tights, boots, hoops, and red lipstick are pretty much my uniform. But I'd call the Golden Girls my style icons."

David Maifrini - Controller

Accessories: Citizen watch

Shirt and pants: Calvin Klein and Buffalo

Shoes: Rockport

How would you describe your style? "I tend to keep it neat and casual. Mostly professional and business-like, but with a little bit of rock ‘n’ roll!"

Joyce Kmith - Account Manager

 Accessories: Michael Kors watch, Kate Spade satchel

Shirt and skirt: H&M and Aritzia

Shoes: Expressions from the Bay 

How would you describe your style? "Trendy, mixed in with eclectic mainstays that nobody but Anna Wintour herself can tell me are out of style."

Gurminder Kandola - Chief Technology Officer 

Accessories: Pebble, Samsung Note 5

Jacket: Practical — lots of pockets and can handle anything Mother Nature throws at it

Shirt and pants: Jeans, t-shirt, hoodie

Shoes: High top sneakers

How would you describe your style? "Laid-back, no fuss, few colors."

Edgard Bertrand - Spanish Writer

Accessories: Le Chateau pocket square, Yves Saint Laurent belt, Hawkers sunglasses

Jacket: TopMan

Shirt and pants: Express and Arturo Calle 

Shoes: Arturo Calle

How would you describe your style? "I believe it's always better to look sharp. Coming from El Salvador taught me you don't need to spend a lot of money on a bunch of clothes to look good. It's not as complicated as people think. It just takes a bit of effort. Being Latino definitely helps, though."

Brittney Robbins - Video Production Coordinator

Accessories: Holding a Nikon D5000, but we took pictures with a Canon

Jacket: Joe Fresh 3/4 Sleeve Jacket, H&M Black Cardigan

Shirt and pants: Sirens and American Apparel

Shoes: Spain (from a friend)

How would you describe your style? "New York Minute."

Lisa Kelly - DIY Content Analyst

Accessories: Forever 21 statement necklace, Body Candy septum ring

Shirt and skirt:Forever 21

Shoes:Addition Elle

How would you describe your style? "I don't believe in fashion rules. I wear whatever makes me feel confident and happy. Some days I'm grungy, some days I'm preppy... it all depends on my mood!"

Special thanks to our photographer, Brittney Robbins, and our photoshoot coordinator, Lisa Kelly. Without them, this article could not be possible!

Main and collage images via Brittney Robbins for Diply

SHARE

Author: verified_user

0 comments: