Saturday, January 7, 2017

16 People Who Hilariously Brought Children's Books Into The Real World

SHARE
Have you heard of G.I.S.H.W.H.E.S? No? Well, you have now!

It is the "Greatest International Scavenger Hunt the World Has Ever Seen." It's a worldwide team scavenger hunt, in which teams compete for points by completing challenges, performing acts of kindness, and generally just having tons of fun. 

One of this year's challenges involved reenacting an illustration from classic children's books, and the submissions did not disappoint!

1. Piranhas Don't Eat Bananas by Aaron Blabey

Now, this book came out long after my time, but it sounds so funny! Look how cute that piranha is! The addition of the text pasted to the wall really adds to the reenactment. 

2. Winnie the Pooh by A. A. Milne

Oddly, I've never read the original books about Pooh, but I did watch the Disney films over and over. 

I adore the differently sized bunny plushes. 

3. Caps for Sale by Esphyr Slobodkina

I have no idea why I never read Winnie the Pooh, but I immediately recognized Caps for Sale

The reenactment is perfect. All it needs is some monkeys.

4. I Don't Want Curly Hair!by Laura Ellen Anderson

My favorite part of this reenactment is that the model took the time to tangle her curls in the books. I also love the eclectic mix of book genres.

5. Davy Crockett Saves The World by Rosalyn Schanzer

This one is just hilarious. The idea that Davy Crockett is so awesome that bears hold his shaving mirror for him is funny enough, but the recreation is awesome. 

6. Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown

Bunny! This one may win the whole contest in my books, simply due to sheer cuteness. Even the paintings on the walls have been recreated in detail. 

7. Fancy Nancy: Explorer Extraordinaire! by Jane O'Connor

The costuming on this one is so good! My favorite detail is the Swiffer Duster hanging from her belt. The hair styling is on point, too!

8. Sleepy Little Mouseby Eugenie Fernandes

Okay, this one might beat Goodnight Moon for the sheer cuteness factor. They even made a little pillow for the mouse! D'aww!

9. Curious George by H. A. Rey and Margret Rey

Guys, guys, I'm totally torn right now. I mean the bunny and the mouse were super-duper cute, but look at this baby in a monkey hoodie! OMG.

10. The Paper Bag Princess by Robert Munsch

Robert Munsch was the first writer I ever met in person, which may make me a bit biased, but I've always adored his stories. This version gets bonus points for such a good dragon. 

11. The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss

These guys also get bonus points, but this time for just totally getting into character. Also, the dog in place of the fish may or may not be intentional, but it's glorious. 

12. What Are You So Grumpy About? by Tom Lichtenheld

You know, if my parents gave me a chores list that included counting the leaves on the trees and vacuuming the backyard, I'd probably be pretty grumpy, too. 

13. Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss

Nope, green eggs and ham just do not sound appetizing at all. If meat is green, then it's got some quality issues. But the quality of this reenactment is awesome.

14. Potty by Leslie Patricelli

This brave guy gets all the bonus points for really getting into character. They've even recreated the single curl growing out of the character's head. 

15. Love You Forever by Robert Munsch

Easiest reenactment ever. Just toss a toddler in a bathroom for five minutes and take a photo. So maybe a few points lost for lack of difficulty, but it makes up for it with cuteness.

16. The Little Mermaid— Disney tie-in edition

We all know that Disney's movie have very little in common with the original Hans Christian Andersen story, but I'll give this guy a pass for just going for it, hairy legs and all.

The team with the most points in the scavenger hunt wins a vacation with Misha Collins, Supernaturalstar and G.I.S.H.W.H.E.S. founder, which sounds like a ton of fun! 

Tell us in the COMMENTSwhich reenactment is your favorite, and SHAREthese with all your friends who could use a laugh.

All photos provided to Diply by G.I.S.H.W.H.E.S. 

SHARE

Author: verified_user

0 comments: