Monday, February 23, 2015

12 Brilliant Hacks For Fixing Ruined Clothes

SHARE
Just like my life, I feel like my clothes should go on forever. Like, I spent a lot of money on you, so you should not be ripping or tearing, ever! Even if I spent a few bucks on a shirt, I still don't want it to get ruined. Throwing out ruined clothes is honestly a travesty. Especially when it's your favorite item. 

If you have any ruined clothes you need to get rid of, hold off on doing that. After reading this article, you might be able to save them! Check out these 12 brilliant hacks for fixing ruined clothes. I wish I could take back all those clothes I threw out.  

1. Shedding

Shedding is the one thing that stops me from wearing my favorite fuzzy sweater. It gets all over my pants, which is very irritating. To stop my sweater from shedding, I place it in the freezer overnight. Who would have thought? 

2. Deodorant Stains 

Literally, this happens to me every time I'm in a rush. Get rid of deodorant stains by rubbing a cotton sock onto the stain. Works like a charm. 

3. Nylons 

Stop a run in your tights by applying clear nail polish onto it. So easy! 

4. Armpit Stains 

Lemon juice, water, and baking soda are all you need to get rid of those unwanted armpit stains. Mix up all those ingredients, and then start scrubbing the stain. Let it sit for a few minutes and rinse. The last thing you need to do is throw it in the washing machine. Now you're good to go! 

5. Button Thread

Stop the buttons on your blouse from unraveling by painting clear nail polish over them. This is perfect for whenever you are in a rush. 

6. Oil Stains 

I know that you might think that it is impossible to remove an oil stain. Well, the impossible is possible, because I have tried this hack out before and it works. Grab some Dawn dishwashing liquid soap, and then apply it onto your stain. The soap will help lift up the oil. This soap is heaven-sent. 

7. Suede Shoes 

You have to be super careful with suede. It's such a delicate material that can get ruined fast. If you have any stubborn dirt stains on your suede shoes, use a nail file to buff it off. Brb, I'm going to go retrieve all the suede shoes I ever threw out. 

8. Red Wine Stains 

This seems like one of the toughest things to remove. Surprisingly, all you need is more wine to solve this problem. Only this time, you're not drinking it. Soak the stain in white wine for a few minutes, and then put it in the washing machine. 

9. Patent Leather Shoes

Fix that scuff that's on your patent leather shoe by applying some petroleum jelly on it. Petroleum jelly to the rescue. 



10. Hoodies

Hoodies are the best. That is, until the drawstring comes out of the hood. All you need is a straw to fix this problem. Thread the string into the straw and staple it, and then push it through the hood. No more crying over lost string. 

11. Underwire 

Wearing a bra that has the underwire sticking out is one of the most painful things ever. Before you throw that bra away, grab a pair of scissors and a package of Moleskin padding. Now, get ready to fix that bad boy up! First, push the wire back into the hole, and then cut a small piece of Moleskin. Make sure this piece is big enough to cover the area of the hole. Stick the Moleskin onto where the wire is sitting and press firmly. That was so easy! I just saved so many women from throwing out their bras. 

12. Stubborn Zipper

A zipper that won't budge is honestly the worst. To fix this problem, apply some petroleum jelly onto your zipper. Now it will glide very smoothly. Yay! 

Do you know anymore clothing hacks? Comment to let us know! 

SHARE

Author: verified_user

0 comments: