Sunday, June 21, 2015

15 Cartoons Drawn As Real People

SHARE
I miss Saturday Morning Cartoons. I mean, sure, it's more convenient in these days of 24-hour kids' channels and on-demand streaming, but there's something missing from the ritual of those Saturday mornings. Stumbling out of bed, eating cereal cross-legged on the living room floor until Mum came down and told us to not sit so close to the TV. 

Still, whether my memory matches yours, or you're more of an all-rounder when it comes to cartoon consumption, it's always fun to think about what our favorite characters might look like in real life, or even just drawn more realistically. 

1. Phillip J. Fry from Futurama

Futurama is known for its unique cartoon style, but what if Fry was drawn more realistically? I don't know. He's kind of cute, if still a bit of a dope. 

2. Meg Griffin from Family Guy

The put-upon teenager of the family, Meg shouldn't be so self-conscious all the time. She looks great!

3. Captain Hook from Peter Pan

There is capturing the look of a cartoon character, and then there is capturing the feeling of them, and dang, did this artist succeed with Captain Hook. 

Up next: Heroes in a Half-Shell!

4. Splinter from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Powerful, disciplined, and a rat. Splinter looks ready to teach his students a thing or two. 

5. April O'Neil from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Where there are rumors brewing of wise-cracking ninja turtles, April will be there to get the scoop!

6. Leonardo, Raphael, Michelangelo, and Donatello from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Turtle power! Lookin' fierce!

7. Zuko and Mai from Avatar: The Last Airbender

Mai feels nothing, and Zuko feels too much. They perfectly balance each other. 

8. Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story

I think it would be a lot harder to convince this Buzz that he's a toy. This is a real Space Ranger!

9. D'awwwww! Calvin and Hobbes

I've got nothing else, save more squee. So cute!!

Keep going to see some more of our cartoon animal friends!

10. Lilo & Stitch

No wonder they mistook Stitch for a dog at first; I've seen that same expression on my own pupper's face.

11. Charizard from Pokémon

While less cute perhaps, these realistic dinosaur pokémon are no less awesome. 

12. Tigger from Winnie the Pooh

"A wonderful thing is a Tigger; a Tigger's a wonderful thing! Their tops are made out of rubber, their bottoms are made out of spring." Unfortunately, this Tigger bounced himself into the clink. Oh no!

13. Jack and Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas

Well, isn't this creepy? I hope I can get it out of my head before my yearly rewatch comes around. 

14. Jessica Rabbit from Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Roger was one lucky rabbit...

15. Popeye

This sailor looks ready to mess someone up. Though I wonder how spinach can add so much muscle on just his forearms?

What's your favorite cartoon? Are they included above, or did I miss them? Let me know!

SHARE

Author: verified_user

0 comments: