Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Sick Of Being Judged For Helping His Ex-Wife After Divorcing, This Dad Responds Perfectly

SHARE
It's become a social expectation that any break-up or divorce must come with anger and hard feelings. Be it due to cultural expectations or the fact that our TV/movies/books only show more dramatic break-ups, it can seem foreign to us when a couple "decides to just be friends" and actually manages to do so. 

Father of two, Billy Flynn Gadbois, got sick of being asked all the time why he was still doing nice things for his ex-wife, so he posted his answer on Facebook.

"It's my ex-wife's birthday today so I got up early and brought flowers and cards and a gift over for the kids to give her and helped them make her breakfast. 

Per usual someone asked me why the hell I still do things for her all the time. This annoys me. So ima break it down for you all."

"I'm raising two little men. The example I set for how I treat their mom is going to significantly shape how they see and treat women and affect their perception of relationships."

Gadbois often shares his parenting style on Facebook, like when he noted that he can teach "boys to be men" while wearing pink shorts. 

"I think even more so in my case because we are divorced. So if you aren't modeling good relationship behavior for your kids, get your shit together. Rise above it and be an example. This is bigger than you."

Sometimes your kid needs to feel like a superhero.

"Raise good men. Raise strong women. Please. The world needs them, now more than ever."

Do you agree with Gadbois' opinion? If not, tell us why in the COMMENTS and be sure to SHARE his message with your friends and family.

Advertisement
SHARE

Author: verified_user

0 comments: