Saturday, November 18, 2017

Artist Uses Makeup To Transform People Into Movie Characters

SHARE
Have you ever wondered what Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbeanwould’ve looked like without Johnny Depp? Or Nina Sayers from Black Swan without Natalie Portman?

Well, it’s a mystery no more thanks to an innovative photography, makeup and design team who have turned a group of unsuspecting models into some of cinema’s heaviest hitters.

When fashion photographer Etienne Clotis came up with the idea to recreate some of film’s most iconic characters, he quickly recruited designer, Lucie Vervelle, and makeup artist, Koris Souris, to help make his vision come true. 

“I try and capture the essence of my subjects by putting myself in their skin,” Etienne said:

“Lucie designs the outfits and painstakingly researches her collaborators, while Joris goes in search of different make-up techniques so that each model resembles their icon as much as humanly possible.”

Leeloo: "Me Fifth Element — supreme being. Me protect you." 

Jack Sparrow: "Wherever we want to go, we go. That is what a ship is, you know." 

Nina Sayers: "I just want to be perfect."

Mad Hatter: "There is a place, like no place on earth. A land full of wonder, mystery, and danger. Some say, to survive it, you need to be as mad as a hatter. Which, luckily, I am."

Why did The Joker smile?

Neytiri: "You have a strong heart. No fear. But stupid Ignorant like a child”

Darth Vader: "No, I am your father.”

The Joker: “Why so serious?"

Charlie Chaplin: "Nothing is permanent in this wicked world — not even our troubles."

Stand by for some of cinema's most iconic monsters. 

Batman: "I'll be standing where I belong. Between you and the people of Gotham."

Frankenstein’s Monster: "I want friend like me."

Edward Scissorhands: "I am not complete."

Nosferatu: "Death is not the worst. There are things more horrible than death."

Tag a movie fan in the comments! 

h/t Etienne Clotis / ICONIC

SHARE

Author: verified_user

0 comments: