Monday, July 31, 2017

Check Out The Latest Makeup Technique: Sandbagging

SHARE
Contouring, baking, and highlighting. What do all of these words have in common? They are makeup techniques. Even though I use these words on a daily, I understand that they sound a little bit odd. If I say, "I need to highlight my face." I would totally get it if someone gave me a funny look. Understandable. Oh, and if I say, "I need to bake my face." Please, do not be alarmed. No, I'm not putting my face in an oven. I'm just baking my under eyes with setting powder. 

Another makeup technique that might sound a little bit weird is sandbagging. If you want your lip gloss to be on point, then you need to learn how to sandbag. This technique is new to me, and it seems like it's going to be a part of my makeup vocabulary. The Kardashians and Jenners are doing it, so I want to do it, too. You can call me a follower, whatever! If you want your lip gloss to be on fleek, here's all you need to know about sandbagging and what lip glosses are perfect for this technique. 

1. Exfoliator

First things first, you need to exfoliate your lips. Massage the scrub all over your lips, and then rinse and pat dry. I love doing this step because my lips feel so smooth after. 

2. Hydrate

Apply a lip balm onto your lips, and let it soak in for a few minutes. 

3. Lip Mask 

These lip masks are so cool because they hydrate and plump your lips. It also looks pretty fun to wear. If you don't have a lip mask lying around, no worries. This step is optional. 

4. Foundation 

Since your lips are going to have a dewy finish, you will need to mattify your skin. Apply a matte foundation onto your face, and then add a touch of it onto your lips. A tiny dot on your lips will do the trick.

5. Lip Liner 

The lip liner will help keep your lip gloss in place. You can either outline your lips or fill them in. 

6. Lip Gloss

Apply your lip gloss and then blot with a paper towel. Go in for a second coat and repeat. 

7. Setting Powder 

This is your magic weapon. Take a small brush and outline your lips with setting powder. Let the powder sit for a few minutes, and then dust it off. The outer corners of your lips will look super clean, and your lip gloss will stay in place. That gloss will not wonder where it's not wanted. Yay!

Result

Look at the final look! Stunning. Now that we learned about this awesome technique, here are some great lip glosses that are perfect for sandbagging. 

Plumper 

This lip gloss is amazing for lip plumping. Who would say no to bigger lips? Not me! 

Full Coverage 

Get a lip gloss that has full coverage. Fewer touchups throughout the day. 

Shimmer

A lip gloss that has shimmer in it is excellent for adding dimension to your lips. So pretty. 

Non-Sticky 

Make sure you purchase a lip gloss that has a non-sticky formula. Honestly, there is nothing worse than getting your hair caught in your lip gloss. It used to happen to me all the time. Gross. 

What do you think about sandbagging? Do you have any lip glosses you would recommend? Comment to let us know! 

SHARE

Author: verified_user

0 comments: