Wednesday, September 21, 2016

14 Little-Known Rubber Bands Hacks

SHARE
We all have rubber bands lying around somewhere in our home. I tie my hair up with rubber bands, and I also make rubber band balls. Yes, I still make rubber band balls! It's fun. 

Although I use my rubber bands for fun, there are so many practical ways to use them. I honestly never knew how useful they were until I saw my friend use a rubber band to create a car mount holder. I couldn't believe how well it worked! I mean, if a rubber band can hold my hair and my phone up, what else can it do? Well, I did my research, and I found 14 different ways to use rubber bands! These hacks are super helpful, and I'm going to consider putting a few rubber bands in my purse. Just in case. Who knew rubber bands could make my life so much easier.?

1. Screws

Are you struggling to remove a screw? Place a wide rubber band between the head of the screw and the screwdriver, apply some pressure, and turn slowly. And you thought it was impossible to remove that screw!

2. Party

At the next party you host, you should wrap a colored rubber band around every drinking glass. Now, everyone will know whose cup is whose. You definitely won't be hearing, "Is this my cup?"


3. Paint Can 

When I'm painting, I get paint all over the place. Messy, I know! The next time I need to paint, I'm going to wrap a large rubber band vertically around my paint can, so when I dip my paint brush into the paint can, I can use the rubber band as a paint brush scraper. 

4. Phone 

This makes looking at directions so much easier. 

5. Glasses 

Prevent your glasses from breaking in the dishwasher by stretching a rubber band around the glass to secure it to the spokes of the dishwasher rack. Now you can put your glasses in a dishwasher and not feel worried that they will break. Yay!

6. Charger 

To prevent your charger from slipping off the table, all you have to do is wrap a rubber band around the two opposing corners. So easy!

7. Cutting Board 

Wrap a rubber band around each end of your cutting board to prevent it from slipping. Now you can safely cut your vegetables. 


8. Books

Nothing is grosser than licking your finger and flipping a page. It's especially gross when you're doing that to a book that's not yours. Instead of licking your finger, wrap a rubber band around it. The rubber band will give you a rubbery grip.Reading a page-turning book just got easier.

9. Packing 

Make some extra room in your luggage by tightly wrapping rubber bands around your clothes. I wish I knew about this hack before I went on vacation. 

10. Chargers

Although these are plastibands wrapped around the chargers, rubber bands would work just as well! Every memberof my family needs to do this. Fighting over chargers is the root of our family problems. I swear it's mine! 

11. Jar

There's no shame in not being able to open a jar. I can't open a pickle jar to save my life. Instead of asking for help, all I have to do is wrap a rubber band around the lid for a better grip. Works like a charm! 

12. Hangers

Do your clothes slip off the hanger? Mine do, too! To prevent this from happening, wrap an elastic around each end of your hanger. I'm definitely doing this to all my hangers when I go home. 

13. Ribbon 

This is such a smart hack! I need to do it because my ribbons always end up in a tangled mess. 

14. Tea Bag 

I'm so glad someone thought of this hack because my tea bag string always ends up in my cup. Thank you! 

What's your favorite rubber band hack? Comment to let us know! 

SHARE

Author: verified_user

0 comments: