Sunday, September 20, 2015

This Waiter Stopped Mid-Shift To Help A Disabled Customer Eat Her Meal

SHARE
Servers have to bring a ton of skills to their jobs as well as hustle. They need good memories, attention to detail, and multitasking skills with many tables of guests in their care. It also helps to be a good person. Joe Thomas definitely fits the bill in that regard. As he notes, his actions probably shouldn't be considered remarkable – they should just be part of the job, just common decency. But maybe common decency isn't so common anymore, because this certainly seems remarkable.

Joe Thomas never expected the attention he's been getting, but he sure deserves it.

The IHOP waiter is in the spotlight after a customer snapped a pic of him helping another diner with a disability eat her meal, and then posted it on the pancake chain's Facebook page.

Keshia Dotson, the diner who posted the pic, was clearly moved by the attention and care Joe provided the woman.

And everyone who sees the pic can't help agreeing that Joe is deserving of some recognition.

To hear Joe tell it, however, it was all part of a day's work. The couple he sat with are regulars.

"I always see him stop eating to feed her and I was like 'heck, if I’m not doing anything why don't I go feed her so he can eat and everyone can be happy?' My parents always told me to treat people equally and that's what I try to do all the time,” he told local news station WICS.

Joe has mixed feelings about the attention he's been getting since the photo went viral, although it did garner him a job offer as a nurse.

"It felt good, but at the same time I was like I really don't care for the recognition too much because it's just something that should automatically be done regardless," he said. "I am out there to help anyone if I can, don't really look for anything in return just have a good day and that's it."

h/t WICS

Advertisement
SHARE

Author: verified_user

0 comments: