Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Make A Match Rocket With This DIY Video Tutorial

SHARE
Advertisement
I've always been fascinated by science and experiments, but I have to be real: I really shouldn't go anywhere near something that could possibly catch fire.

I'd watch my sister do experiments that bubbled over in our back yard growing up, and want to join in. But after my parents took me to my third hospital trip when I was six years old, they decided I should probablysit those experiments out.

But here's something I actually cantry, with little to no risk of me injuring myself! And I can literally make it as soon as I get home.

It's called a match rocket, and you don't have to work for NASA to make one. In fact, you don't have to have even gone to school to make one. All you need is a match, some tin foil and a paper clip.You'll need to cut the end off your match, and place the stick and head of the match on a piece of tin foil, then roll it up. Then you'll use the paperclip as a launching stand for your rocket. Then take out the match stick, and slide the tin foil and match head onto the stand. Sounds easy, right? Well, duh, because it is!Finally, gather those friends and family who said you'd never amount to any thing in the science field, start the countdown, and light it up!But please, be careful. After all, you're not a rocket scientist.

Main and collage image via YouTube / DaveHax

Advertisement
SHARE

Author: verified_user

0 comments: