Thursday, April 23, 2015

These Adorable Dogs Are Hanging Out With Ballerinas. The Reason Why Is Incredible!

SHARE
When I was around five years old, my mom decided it was a good idea for me to join a group of some sort. My town was extremely limited in what was offered though. 

So my options were: 

Ballet or sewing. 

Seriously. 

My mom thought it'd be a great idea for me to learn to sew in a social environment. At five. By the time I was done with day care, I was so tired, I'd literally doze off in the too-big-for-me-chairs. They put telephone books under my bottom to try to help me stay focused on the thread and needle. 

Needless to say, I started ballet a few weeks later...

...and that's when I learned I had a "banana back." My instructor went straight into strength training and I went right back to my mom, "Um..."

Although my work ethic has certainly improved over the years, I never became a ballerina...and I still have that banana back.

I have stumbled upon something incredibly cute and just had to SHARE this with you! 

It starts with a hashtag, #dogsofabt.

Don't know what #dogsofabt is all about? Well then, read on to find out!

#Dogsofabt refers to a practice in the American Ballet Theatre. It's the most adorable practice ever, by the way. 

The dancers, working hard on their craft, are allowed to bring their dogs into practice and on tour! 

Why?  

Dogs help reduce stress! In fact, in 2009, the Veterinary Clinics of North America confirmed "pet ownership, or just being in the presence of a companion animal, is associated with health benefits, including improvements in mental, social, and physiologic health status."

Well, there you have it! But...

...this isn't a new practice.

 There's a whole history of bringing dogs into the ballet! 

For instance, artistic administrator Tina Escoda remembers touring with retrievers and dalmatians in the '80s!

And now? 

So. Many. Adorable. Dogs.

Do you see those smiles?

The best part? While the dogs are helping the ballerinas focus and relax, their photos are helping you too. 

How? 

Study after study shows that just looking at cute animal pictures has positive benefits! 

It improves your mood and can help you concentrate too!



So why not take a peek at a few more before heading back to it?

It certainly won't hurt! 

Thanks to all the dogs at the American Ballet Theatre for making all of our days a little brighter. 

Please SHARE this post with your friends and family so they can feel great today too! 

SHARE

Author: verified_user

0 comments: