Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Well, You Don't Want To Seem Too Eager

SHARE
When we want something, there's often a little dance we have to do before we can get it. I'd say it's not literally a dance, but I don't know what your life is like. Maybe you live in some kind of musical where every simple request has to come after a fully choreographed routine.

Anyway, the reason why we go through these motions is that we don't want to seem too desperate or greedy when it looks like we're about to get what we're after. I mean, when someone straight up offers us money, we usually find ourselves going through a couple of "no, that's OK" and "you really don't have to do that" responses before we actually accept it. As much as we want to just grab what they're offering and run away, it's just not done.

 So when we get used to doing this, we can find ourselves doing it about a ton of other things. Or are we only pretending to do this to get out of something we really didn't want anyway? 

Haha, come on in and find out.

1. Ooh, somebody's really spoiling her here!

The water is one thing but chicken flavor? Whoa...

2. Uh... I mean I want to so badly but I have that thing.

You know, that thing that always sounds like a mumble when you ask about it. It's really demanding.

3. Do I even wanna know how he plans to hack the Furby?

I guess doing it softly makes up for all the other horrible things he wants to do to it.

4. Ah yes, that important safety step they always forget about.

Every year, thousands of Americans end up on TV with bedhead. It's good to see someone doing his part to stop the menace.

5. Huh, I didn't know Sims played World of Warcraft.

Either that or her first reaction was, "Whoa, I have to tell my Facebook friends about this!" 

6. Hahaha yeah, especially if you go there enough that everybody knows you.

"Well, it was a tough decision but I think I'm gonna go with the same thing I get every time I come here."

SHARE

Author: verified_user

0 comments: