Tuesday, April 10, 2018

This Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef Is Your Monday Night Saviour

SHARE
Advertisement
Some days I'm just too damn lazy to spend time in the kitchen cooking. It's those days that I reach for the take out menu and order something full of sodium and additives, and end up regretting my life choices at the end of the evening when my stomach hurts. That is where slow cookers come in. When I wake up the morning and know that it's going to be one of those days, I just throw something into the crockpot. That way my kitchen does the cooking for me and I get to come home to a delicious meal that doesn't hurt my wallet. Diply is all about saving you time and money, so this recipe was hand picked for you! 

What you'll need:

- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce


- 1 large carrot, cut into strips


- 1 small onion, chopped


- 1 red pepper, sliced


- 1 cup water


- 2 lbs beef, chopped


- 1/2 cup cornstarch

The method:

Add everything other than the beef and cornstarch to your slow cooker. Mix it up. Let that cook on high for one hour. Throw in some laundry, watch a tv show, make an amazing dessert...do whatever the heck you want because you have a whole hour that you don't need to be supervising the cooking. Then coat your beef in the cornstarch. Add it to your slow cooker mixture and stir. Cook on high for two more hours. Do something productive or do something lazy, it doesn't really matter, just go do something while your kitchen cooks for you. Then you're done! It's going to smell HEAVENLY and all you had to do was chop, toss, stir, and walk away! Serve this over rice, or noodles...or over nothing. It really doesn't matter. You have food good that tastes like you worked really hard, is cheaper than take out, and isn't full of additives. Internet high-five for good life choices! 

Advertisement
SHARE

Author: verified_user

0 comments: