Friday, January 12, 2018

Restaurant Honors Fallen Soldier By Keeping The Beer A Woman Bought For Her Late Brother

SHARE
Sometimes the rules need to be broken for a good cause.

This was one of those times. 

A restaurant server named Brian Avey knew he wasn't allowed to provide two beers to one patron, but he did so anyway.

The reason why (and his boss's response) reminds us all of the good in this world.

It reminds us that there are people out there who still truly care for strangers...and that's a beautiful thing. 

Please SHARE this heartwarming story to show support to troops and their families. 

When Brian Avey started his serving shift on July 9, he had no idea the impact he'd have on a grieving woman.

That's how life is, isn't it? You never really know when you're going to touch someone's life, but you can always rise to the occasion.

For Avey, rising to the occasion meant breaking a rule. 

After this happened, he was so moved by the experience, he shared it on Facebook. Not long after, the post went viral. Here's why...

Avey recalls: "A Military Woman came into my work today for Lunch, she ordered a Blue Moon and a Corona, I told her she could only do one beer at a time, She said the Corona was for her brother who died in Iraq and I won't be drinking it..."

Most people would have stuck hard and fast to the rules, but Avey could tell this woman needed him to break the rules just this one time.

"It just sat next her at a empty seat her entire Lunch... When I brought her bill I told her Buffalo Wild Wings will be buying that beer..."

This is what she wrote on her receipt: “Thank you. An act of kindness goes a long way. It means a lot to me. Have a great rest of your day.” She signed it from "grateful soldiers."

"After she left, I didn't have the heart to dump the beer out and throw it away, so I put it on top of the cooler next the American Flag... 

"When I showed my boss his response was Amazing... 

"He said 'That's Fine, just do me a favor, put a fresh Lime in it Every Morning'..." 

The world needs more people like this. Please SHARE. 

SHARE

Author: verified_user

0 comments: