Saturday, July 1, 2017

12 Tips And Tricks That Will Make You A Makeup Pro

SHARE
What makes me happy, giddy, and excited? Makeup! Chinese food makes me feel that way, too, but makeup is more significant in my life. My weekends consist of me hitting up Sephora and trying to find products that are sold out online. There was this one lipstick I was wanted so badly, but it was out of stock for the longest time. When Sephora finally restocked it, I was freaking out. There might have been tears in my eyes, but I'll never confess. 

By now, you might be picking up on my obsession with makeup. Although I am like this now, I never really cared for the craft a few years ago. Watching makeup tutorials is what really turned me on to the makeup game. Beauty gurus make makeup application look easy-peasy, but the lie detector determined: that was a lie! Makeup is so hard to master that I once even struggled with applying mascara! As bad as I was, it was the amount of practice I had that made me into the makeup guru I am today. Although I'm not a makeup artist (I sometimes think I am), there are tips and tricks I picked up on that make it look like a pro did my makeup. Here are those 12 tips and tricks that are actually super easy to follow, too! Trust me! 

1. Setting spray 

This tip is perfect, especially for the summer. Usually, people wait until the end of their makeup application to spray setting spray because it locks everything in place. Instead, spray an oil-control setting spray on your face before makeup application, and then spray it again after foundation. Doing this in-between your makeup application will help control the oil and sweat on your face. Check out #12 to find out about another setting spray! 

2. Tape 

Applying tape on the outer corner of your eye is a perfect guide to creating a cat eye. So easy! 

3. Highlight

Who wants their highlight to shine bright? I do! Applying a cream highlighter and a powder highlight on top can make your highlight pop even more. Glow, baby, glow! 

4. Sharp lip liner 

Just like your eyeliner, keep your lip liner sharp AF! A very pointy lip liner makes overlining your lips super easy. Keep your sharpener by your side at all times. 

5. Face oil 

Face oil has a ton of skin benefits, and it's also perfect for blending out your makeup. Foundation blends out so much more smoothly, and you also end up with a dewy finish. Winning!   

6. Neutralize your lips

Lipsticks look different on everybody. People have differently pigmented lips, so a pink lipstick can look neutral on me, but dark on someone else. To get the true shadeof lipstick, apply a concealer all over your lips to cancel out your lip color. 

7. Nude eyeliner 

Applying black eyeliner on your waterline makes your eyes look smaller, and white eyeliner looks kind of weird. If you want your eyes to look bigger, line them with a nude eyeliner. This looks natural, too! 

8. Corrector 

My under eye darkness puts me in the worst mood! Whenever I do end up covering my under eyes, concealer is not enough. A salmon, orange, or red corrector is needed to cancel out any of that darkness. After applying concealer on top of the corrector, my under eyes look brighter than ever. Definitely a step I can't miss.  

9. Lip plumper

Lacking in the lip department? Same here! After overlining your lips, spruce them up even more by applying a lip gloss plumper. This works wonders!

10. Purple lip liner 

Red lips are bold, but lining your lips with purple can make that red pop out even more! Stunning! 

11. Concealer 

Most people make the mistake of using their finger to apply concealer. It works at times, but using a concealer brush will give you a more flawless application. You also won't waste as much product.   

12. Dewy skin 

Wanting to go for a dewy look? Who isn't? Spray a dewy skin mist before applying your makeup, and your skin will look dewy as ever. This is my favorite tip! 

What do you think about these tips and tricks? Comment to let us know!

SHARE

Author: verified_user

0 comments: