Friday, January 20, 2017

Woman's Viral Post Proves C-Sections Don't Make You Any Less Of A Mother

SHARE
In 2015, roughly 32% of all births in the U.S. were done by Cesarean section (C-section). This amounts to roughly 1.2 million C-sections compared to 2.7 million vaginal deliveries in the same year. While the percentage of C-sections is relatively high, this doesn't mean that there aren't difficulties associated with having one.

California mom Raquel Maldonado recently posted to Instagram expressing the level of fear she had when she found out that her daughter would have to be delivered via C-section. Not only did Raquel fear the procedure, but she had to battle with the thought that giving birth in this way made her less of a mother. Let's just say she is proving to everyone that C-sections are nothing to be ashamed of.

Leave a COMMENT on Facebook letting us know what you think about Raquel's story. 

1. Pregnancy can be an inspiring journey, but sometimes, the delivery can be the most stressful part. 

2. Meet the Maldonados from California. This family has been through a lot recently, but it's Raquel who has been making waves online for a photo she posted to Instagram. 

"#2016 has been one of the best years of my life. And #2017 isn't wasting any time rolling in with lots of changes!" wrote Raquel. 

3. Her latest pregnancy and delivery would be very different from that of her five-year-old son Mason.

4. At 32 weeks pregnant, Raquel found out that her daughter was breech and needed a C-section to deliver her. 

As many mothers do, Raquel was worried about having a C-section and the idea that, somehow, she was less of a mother for having one. 


5. Here is the photo people have been talking about. 

"The last few weeks leading up to Alexa's birth, I was scared. I was terrified of this surgery. I was afraid of this scar and the long term effects it would have on body and my mind. I was worried I would feel inadequate, like I didn't give birth to her," wrote Raquel. 

6. "I don't feel as if I was robbed of a birth or like less of a bad ass. This scar proves that I am indeed a #badassmama!" she added. 

"After the surgery, I wanted to see what it looked like so I snapped the photo, and honestly I cringed," she told Today in an interview. "It looked horrible...initially I wasn't going to post it, but then I decided that's what sharing the journey was about — sharing it all, even the ugly parts," she said. 


7. Raquel's post has since gone viral and has given hope to expecting mothers who are in a similar situation. 

Here are a few comments from supporters. 

8. You have to see how great Raquel and the rest of the family are doing since Alexa arrived...

9. There's no doubt that Raquel is enjoying every second with Alexa. 

"The struggle of not knowing which picture to post because all of them are so stinking cute," she wrote with this picture. 

10. Here is a shot of Mason holding his little sister, Alexa.

11. Raquel is even getting back into the fitness game in a serious way. 

"The truth is, I forgot that I love fitness," wrote Raquel. "I wanted to hold my little baby right next To my six pack... and say I did it! That was seriously my goal 😂" she added. 

12. I think it's safe to say that Raquel has proven to everyone that having a C-section doesn't make you any less badass as a mother. 

SHARE this article with your Facebook friends with children. Everyone should hear Raquel's inspiring story. 

h/t Today 

SHARE

Author: verified_user

0 comments: