Thursday, August 11, 2016

These Things Make Me Scared To Be A Parent

SHARE
I have just recently earned the title of Aunt. As much as I am prepared to be the cool person that isn't responsible for discipline, I'm not sure I could ever handle a miniature version of myself. We will see.

It's bad enough with cats

Having two cats, I have forgotten what the true meaning of privacy is. At least the worst they do is meow and look at you funny while you're doing your business. I would never get anything done with a little person telling me to hurry up.

I'm not prepared for this

I was a picky eater myself as a kid. My parents would make me sit at the table until I ate an acceptable amount. I don't think I have the strength or willpower to do the same to another person.

*Averts eyes*

It's hard enough getting myself to sleep, let alone a smaller human. I'm not sure I'm ready for the sacrifice or permanent baggy-eyed look. It wouldn't suit me at all.

Is this the only way to get "me" time?

For now, I need to find the equivalent solution for my cats. I'll be sure to use this idea when the time comes.

The horror!

If I ever win the lottery, my dream is to start an animal sanctuary. My children are not going to tamper with that dream. That's what allergy pills are for, right?

SHARE

Author: verified_user

0 comments: