Tuesday, January 5, 2016

This Weird New Lipstick Trend Is Taking Over Instagram

SHARE
When I first heard about this latest Instagram fad, I was super weirded out. And I'm not going to lie, I definitely still am. Dripping lips are the newest craze when it comes to Instagram photos, and I'll admit that I now understand the appeal. This wild look isn't meant to be worn outside of the house, and you're about to find out why. Basically, dripping lips are an opportunity to display your makeup artistry for photo purposes only. So if you're curious about this bizarre new lipstick trend, keep reading for a list of 9 crazy examples, as well as the how-to if you're brave enough to try out this insane look. 

1. Pastel

This is probably the most tame dripping lip of the bunch. I like this soft pastel color. 

2. Psychedelic 

This psychedelic mermaid-inspired lip is absolutely insane

3. Barbie Pink 

If Barbie's makeup were to melt off her face, this is definitely what it would look like. 

4. M&M's?

I can definitely appreciate the artistic ability behind these M&M's lips. But they're just so bizarre. 

5. Ruby Red

These ruby red dripping lips remind me of Dorothy's ruby slippers. 

6. Golden 

These dripping, metallic lips look like liquid gold. 

7. Metallic

These metallic, copper lips are mesmerizing. I feel like you could probably see your own reflection in them.

8. Pink Shimmer 

These shimmering, multicolored dripping lips are certainly interesting. 

9. Bleeding Heart 

These bleeding heart lips remind me of something from Alice In Wonderland

Want to try the look for yourself? Keep reading for the step-by-step tutorial. 

Step 1

The first step in achieving your own dripping lips is to fill your entire lip in with a lip-lining pencil. After this, line your lips with a liquid liner. 

Step 2

Next, use a small makeup brush to apply loose glitter to your lips. 

Step 3

Slather on a clear gloss until it starts to drip! Click here for the full tutorial. 

SHARE

Author: verified_user

0 comments: