Thursday, May 28, 2015

16 Works Of Art Made Out Of Scribbles

SHARE
Jimmy posts on Instagram under the username @jm_artwork. He's located in Gothenburg, Sweden, and is known for his swiftly scribbled depictions of popular pop culture characters. He even takes requests! 

Baby Dory! (Finding Dory)

Someone once noted to me that the cuteness of a cartoon character is directly proportional to the size of their eyes. Baby Dory may be the strongest evidence of this universal truth yet. 

Mike (Monsters Inc.)

I think he captured Mike's slack-jawed surprise quite well, don't you?

Fear (Inside Out)

I think the scribbled style really works well for this one. It's like the pen is quivering in fear, too. 

Mickey! (Disney)

Oh hi, Mickey! He looks so happy to see us!

But Jimmy doesn't just focus on Disney and Pixar characters. Keep going to see more!

Deadpool (Deadpool)

The addition of red really makes this picture of Deadpool pop, and I don't know if it was intentional, but the style makes me think of a Punisher mashup. Which I now want to see. 

Dancing Groot (Guardians of the Galaxy)

Come on, admit it: when you hear the Jackson 5, you want to dance too. 

Joker (The Dark Knight)

Ah man, that eye keeps following me, I swear! Perfectly captured the creep factor. 

Baymax (Big Hero Six)

Baymax gives the best hugs ever. I want a Baymax hug. 

Up next: video games!

Pikachu (Pokemon)

I choose you! He's so happy to see us! Pika pika!

Mario (Everything Nintendo)

It'sa me, Mario! Man has an epic mustache, as always. 

Yoshi (Nintendo)

Everyone's favorite video game steed. Just watch out for his tongue. 

Kirby (Nintendo)

When playing Smash Bros., I always play Kirby. Always. I mean it. You can't have him. 

Keep going to see how he does it!

Pooh-bear! (Winnie the Pooh)

I still know all the lyrics to the theme song. "Chubby little cubby all stuffed with fluff..."

Totoro (My Neighbor Totoro)

Okay, I may have to rethink the whole Baymax and best hugs thing. Because, Totoro! He's a walking hug!

Baymax/Totoro Mashup (Big Hero Six/My Neighbor Totoro)

OMG, YES! All the hugs! Now!

Watch him work!

It's really neat to see how quickly this simple butterfly scribble comes together!

SHARE

Author: verified_user

0 comments: