Saturday, August 12, 2017

16 Charts For Anyone Who Needs Help Styling Their Hair

SHARE
I've always considered myself to be pretty seasoned in hair care and styling. Until I discovered this list of charts, that is. It turns out that there are tons of useful tips and things to avoid when it comes to hair, and I was out of the loop about most of them. Whether your hair is fine, thick, curly, or straight, the charts on this list will help you out big time when it comes to brushing, styling, and coloring. In my opinion, you can never have enough tips when it comes to your hair! Ready to catch up on your hair education? Keep reading for 16 charts that will definitely help you out when it comes to daily hair styling. 

1. My hair is pretty thin and I definitely didn't know about these dos and don'ts. Refer to the green column if you have thin hair and the pink column if you have thick hair for tips and things to avoid!

2. I'm guilty of using waaay too much product on my hair. Avoid wasting shampoo, conditioner and the like by referring to this simple chart!

3. As we approach the cold, dry winter months, this tip becomes especially useful. To avoid static, dry your hair with a cotton T-shirt instead of a towel!

4. Shampooing every day will strip your hair of its natural oils. Thank goodness for this handy dandy "Should I Wash My Hair Today?" flow chart.

5. If you're looking for Victoria's Secret Angel–worthy waves, follow this curling technique.

6. If you're looking for tighter, more precise curls, try out the spiral wrap method.

7. More of a ringlet gal? Follow this flat wrap guide.

8. With so many different types of flat irons out there, it can be difficult to know when to use each one. Mini flat irons are great for super short hair and taming bangs.

9. For short, thinner hair, opt for a 1" straightener. 

10. For medium to thick hair, a 1 1/4" flat iron will help you out.

11. Do you have coarse, curly, or otherwise unruly hair? A 1.5" straighter is your best bet.

12. For very long, very thick hair, you need to bust out the big guns: a 2" flat iron.

13. Some skin tones just don't look great with certain hair colors. Refer to this dye guide to pick the best color for your complexion!

14. Eye color is also an important factor to consider during the hair dyeing process! Check out this highlight guide to make your eyes really pop.

15. Maybe I'm super out of the loop, but I had no idea that using different brushes really made a difference in styling. I only own one brush and it looks pretty similar to #1. 

16. Don't forget about bangs and styling brushes too! I sense a trip to the drugstore coming on...

SHARE

Author: verified_user

0 comments: