Tuesday, January 12, 2016

12 Cute Stationery DIYs You'll Actually Use For Work

SHARE
I have a thing about stationery. Wait, scratch that. Hi, my name is Amy, and I'm addicted to stationery. Phew, I feel better with that off my chest. 

Am I about to start a 12-step program to quit my addiction? Nope! It makes me too happy, but I will admit that it's an expensive habit. Do I need another pack of twenty thank you cards? Nope. I mean, how many thank you cards does one send in their lifetime? But these ones have cute animals on them! Maybe I'll just put them in my cart while I make a decision... wait, where did these four rolls of washi tape come from? 

Ahem. Anyway, if I can't beat the addiction with 12 steps, I can at least make the habit less painful on my wallet with these 12 ways to DIY some super cute stationery — and to store it. 

1. Use washi tape to doll up a cheap clipboard.

A clipboard is always useful to keep around, and while the basic ones can be kind of boring, don't let that suck you into overspending on a cute one. Instead, use washi tape to decorate the plain one. When you get bored with the design, tear it off and make a new one. For more permanent options, you could paint the board, too. 

2. Embellish plain cards.

Instead of buying different packs of fancy cards, buy the plain, white ones instead. Then, depending on the occasion, get out your washi tape, stamps, glitter, whatever, and embellish away! You'll save money, and the recipient will appreciate the unique card you took the time to create. 

3. Don't forget the envelope!

A plain envelope can be embellished, too. Go all-out with your supplies, or go simple with this trick to create a polka-dot pattern with a stamp pad and the end of a pencil.  

4. Or just make your own envelopes. 

Even more inexpensive than plain envelopes? Making your own! You can turn any pretty paper into an envelope with a free template and some glue. 

5. Branch out to other styles.

I have always loved string-tie envelopes. There is something satisfying in carefully unwinding the string to find out what's inside. 

6. DIY envelope glue.

Of course, homemade envelopes won't have the adhesive already there and ready to lick, but who am I kidding? Ever since that episode of Seinfeld, no one wants to lick envelopes, right? Washi tape would be cute, but when that doesn't match the occasion, make your own adhesive with a few pantry staples. 

7. Use a picture frame as a message board. 

No need to cover every surface with sticky notes. Instead, turn a cheap photo frame into a dry erase board. You're only limited by your imagination when it comes to making a cute background for those little reminders. 

8. Not just for salad!

You don't need a huge stamp collection — or even potato-carving skills — to make lovely floral stationery. You just need to raid your crisper drawer. Turns out a bunch of radicchio makes a beautiful rose stamp! Experiment with anything in your veggie stash.

9. Use zippers and plastic bottles for pencil cases.

There's no sewing required to make these cute supply containers, just some cheap zippers and a dip into your recycling bin. Depending on the bottles chosen, you can pretty much make any size or shape you want.

10. Mimic the trends.

Don't spend a bunch of money on the latest fancy storage solution. Instead, make one yourself with cleverly chosen containers, adhesive, and spray paint. 

11. Always know what day it is.

For the record, I have no idea what day it is anymore. A cute desktop calendar like this one would really help, and it's super easy. Decorate some paper tags with the numbers and months, then hang inside a cute box. 

12. Make you own pocket notebooks.

The most useful thing I carry with me is my pocket notebook. I write anything in it that I may need to remember later: appointments, grocery lists, books people have recommended to me, phone numbers, you name it. I love the idea of making my own.

SHARE

Author: verified_user

0 comments: