Friday, September 25, 2015

Stranger Saves Woman After She Has A Seizure

SHARE
Every single day, incredible acts of kindness occur on this crazy planet we call home. 

Whether it's someone stopping their day to make yours easier, stepping up so you can sit down, or pushing you forward when you're stuck, there's a whole world of kindness out there! 

We don't hear about these things nearly enough though... and that's a sure shame! These stories of kindness remind us of the good in humans, of the good within ourselves. 

The very best part? Reading them serves to motivate the kindness within us all. And what's better than that? 

The world needs more kindness, so please SHARE this post to keep it going! 

This is Eleanor (Ellie) Farnfield. Just recently, she was taking the train to teach a fitness class when she suffered from a seizure. She fell. She was alone in public. 

It's a worst nightmare. Suddenly, she was completely dependent on the strangers around her — who mostly kept passing her by. Not Tom though. Not Tom. This stranger proved to be different from the rest. 

Without even knowing her, he helped her. First, he took her off the train and to a safer spot. 

Then, he alerted the train staff and found the contacts for her friends. He called them. He couldn't stay, so when the train staff appeared, he left, but not without leaving something behind for the stranger he helped. 

When she came to, she was obviously shocked and thought her purse had been stolen. That's when she saw what Tom had left for her: the note that reminds us all what true kindness looks like. 

This is what it read: "Eleanor,

I hope by the time you read this you are feeling better. You had a seizure on the train and I took you off.

You didn’t hit your head but I may have hurt your leg as I walked on it before realising you were on the floor having a fit! sorry!

I’m also sorry I can’t stay with you now but here is a coffee to perk you up later and £10 to make sure you get a taxi home.

Sorry I don’t have anymore money so I hope you don’t live far away. I’ve contacted people from your phone and medical help is on its way and you’re with train staff.

Wishing you all the best and a quick recovery.

Love Tom."

And now? Eleanor is looking for Tom: "Anything could have happened. I could have hit my head, fallen off the train, been there for a long time. I just want to thank Tom for his help. I'd tell him: 'You're a star and I really, really appreciate it.' I'd also like to return the money. There is something really lovely about the kindness of a stranger."

She's started this hashtag: #findtraintom. If you know Tom or are Tom, speak up in the COMMENTS please. If not, please do SHAREthis post so the word can get around to Tom one way or another! He deserves a proper thanks! 

Main and collage image via Facebook / Love What Matters 

Advertisement
SHARE

Author: verified_user

0 comments: